What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chili Peppers (HELP)

Peanut

I like this
I was thinking of growing chilipeppers because I found tons of seeds in my food shelf.
Anyone know how to grow these? I tried searching it up online, but it doesnt tell me what lighting I should use or soil. I was going to put peat in a plastic container and place a few seeds in it and keep it there until its big enough to be transplanted.

I found some mini chili peppers at the store. I just grow them on my plant shelf, more light the better though. They like it hot! heheheh get it, hot? hehe... eh...

Nate.

I found some mini chili peppers at the store. I just grow them on my plant shelf, more light the better though. They like it hot! heheheh get it, hot? hehe... eh...

Nate.

Um.. okayyy...... but what soil do you use? How do you plant them and such and such etc...watering

I would use potting soil, peat would be to low in nutrients. They grow well in my garden, shouldnt be that hard.

OK i dont have a garden though. Im growing those small chili peppers.

I have two pepper plants (jalapeno, and bananna I think) growing along with my cp's, succulents, and house plants. They are doing excellent. Blooming already. I kind of adopted them from my plant mentor, when she decided they were not good enough for her garden.

I'd put them in normal poting soil, under whatever lights you have, and water them like any other plant. If you don't have room inside, throw them outside and they should do just as good, if not better.

You ask fifty different people how they water and you'll get fifty different answers. If you can grow cp's, pepper plants are a piece of cake.

Have you tried the search feature? :-D just kidding

ChilE peppers are normal plants that grow in normal soil. If you are growing them indoors, just use regular potting soil.

Yay for Chileheads! :D

BTW...chili is the soup...chile is the plant.

oh didnt know that, thanks guys :)

Back