What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banana Tree cuttings

losfreddy

Composter
i grabbed several cuttings of banana tree trunk? from my friends trash. Can Banana trees grow out of cuttings as such or is not that kind of plant?. Would be cool if all these plants took off.

It's a pseudostem so the center of the plant is really at the bottom. If you cut it in half it would look like an elongated artichoke (sort of). I think you just got a bunch of leaves.

I have a pink fuzzy banana tree that flowers, and produces little fruit. When it does, that tree dies.. but more are constantly growing from the media... I've been through prolly 12-20 plants over the past few years from this growth. I dont' know what that means... but somewhere under there more plants are being formed somehow. Anything is worth a shot!! hehe

yeah, i think the banana tree buds off of cutting like a catus wood. Anyways. Thanks :p

They grow from the roots(they look like balls)
normally partly rotten burry that and you should get sprouts.
Why do I know this ? Around the neighborhood I used to find some bannas(plants that fell of steep hills from 75 inches of rain) on dirt rods that I took to my house for more bannana plants :D I would take a hack saw cut off the plant take the big roots balls(usually under ground) then plant . Then under the shade of the banna plants grew tomatoes and other edibles :)

Back