What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make a nep bushier?

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
Two posts in one day, that's a lot for me. Anyways... my N. x Velvet is finally pitchering since purchase, but right now it kinda just looks like a twig in the ground. It was obviously a cutting, and I would really like it to get bushier. As mentioned in a previous post of mine, the base of the stem is slowly starting to turn brown/red and climb up the stalk. After repotting, I have realized that this is not root rot, just the stem getting woodier. Does this signify a change in its life-cycle? Will I see basals soon? If not, are there any ways that I can get it to activate another node or grow some basals? I'd really like to see some lower pitchers, as well as have it look less like a twig. Since you guys are the masters, I'll leave it up to you!

Making cuttings sometimes forms basals but you can also try out Cindy's posted advice in this thread.

xvart.

What Cindy says works, but if your vine isn't that big, just make a cutting and stick it in the same pot...then keep doing that over a couple months and there you go

Back