What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

winter?

theplanter115

THE planter muhahahahahhaha!!!
hi am new here but i have a problems winter at my place and i dont know if i should buy a vft but i really like them:boogie: is the winter harder or should i get it in the winter???

You should generally avoid getting flytrap in winter since they are dormant.But, since the shipping probably messed up their dormancy and you won't know when it went dormant. therefore, you might bring it out of dormancy to early.It is much better to get flytraps in the growing season.
Most flytrap can survive sub-freezing temperatures and even below 20 degrees for brief periods of time.The only thing should prevent is dry, freezing wind and prolonged sub-freeezing temperatures.
Good Luck,
Adrian

thanks !:-D ill get in like spring or summer

I really don't see that winter time is bad as long as you know how to handle it. It may be winter right now, but it is also the very beginning of the new growing season. If I bought one now I would put it at a window sill or under artificial lighting until it becomes warm enough to place outside.

i agree, as long as you know how to care for them, it doesnt matter when you get them

thanks guys!:-D but ill probly get it in spring ill take care of them:boogie:

Back