What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats up with my binatas ?

I have a tankfull of binatas there all planted in there with alota other drosera species they seem like there dormant but the tank is very warm ,bright and wet so do they randomly go dormant or something ?? I value them all so I hope something bad is not happening I know a very stupid question but I wanna be sure

Mine have lost most of their leaves at random and then suddenly started growing quickly again. It might just be something they do. Also, posts are much easier to understand with proper punctuation. ;)

They don't randomly go dormant. They do resond to reduced daylength and that is likely what you are observing. However, they should be waking up real soon.

well there under alota light ,like I reduced the photo periode by 2 hours but there getting light for 12 hours to maybe 10 or so... I hope there fine, I love them alot strangely they are all dormant(stopped growing) and the same time my capensis are flowering I hope it is a photoperiode thing since I had to use some of my well water and carbon filter...
I have in a 55 gallon tank binata marston dragon it is growing in a lower temp same photoperiode may they all went dormant form a slight photoperiode fluctuation(I do have siblings that are fond of playing with timers) and that would explain why my capensis are both flowering int he same planted tank I guess..
Sorry just love my binatas and actually have some nice forms...

Now is the time for them to wake up. The new growing season begins, as well as the increase of photoperiod.

I know ! I removed my wood board that was ontop of my 10 gallon tank so the cfls heat is gone making them go dormant I think but the heat is still from 90 to 65 what will make them come back without all the heat ?

In the winter, binatas slow growth, deform horribly, or both. They look pretty ugly

And you can't do anything to stop it...

okay there in a closet under lights in a tank but the temps lowered and the light went donw slightly i'll wait untill spring

Back