What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charlton Heston dies

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Yep, I just heard about it. I don't know any other details.

Those damn dirty apes finally got him!

too bad, so sad.

Dammit, Buck!

xvart.

Yeah, I heard about this this morning. He was a great actor. Out of everything, I remember him the most in The Ten Commandments.

One of the last true old school actors.

"God Bless ye Charleston."

You will be greatly missed.......... :cry:

The only thing I knew him from was 'Bowling for Columbine'. I don't even know why I ever saw that movie, I hate Michael Moore. Charley was pretty awesome in it though.

I was shocked to hear that yesterday. I heard he had alzheimers. He was a great actor and its sad to see the old guard dying off. One of the saddest was Jimmy Stewart.

I think its kinda funny he was in Planet of the Apes. :)

sorry but who is Charleston Heston???

sorry but who is Charleston Heston???

Charlton Heston is one of the greatest actors of the 20th century, with a career spanning over 60 years in feature films and television. Some of his most notable performances include: Moses (The Ten Commandments), Judah Ben-Hur (Ben Hur), and of course George Taylor (Planet of the Apes).

In his later career he did many cameo roles in films such as True Lies (He played the eye-patch wearing secret service boss of Arnold Schwarzzenegger), a small bit role in Wanes World 2, and even an uncredited cameo role as Zaius, Thade's Father in the horrible remake of the Planet of the Apes.

He passed away on Saturday night in his Beverly Hills home from effects of his longtime battle with Altzheimers. He was 84 and is survived by his wife of 64 years, Lydia Clarke, Their 2 children and also 2 grandchildren.

Source: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/bio

Charlton Heston is one of the greatest actors of the 20th century, with a career spanning over 60 years in feature films and television. Some of his most notable performances include: Moses (The Ten Commandments), Judah Ben-Hur (Ben Hur), and of course George Taylor (Planet of the Apes).

In his later career he did many cameo roles in films such as True Lies (He played the eye-patch wearing secret service boss of Arnold Schwarzzenegger), a small bit role in Wanes World 2, and even an uncredited cameo role as Zaius, Thade's Father in the horrible remake of the Planet of the Apes.

He passed away on Saturday night in his Beverly Hills home from effects of his longtime battle with Altzheimers. He was 84 and is survived by his wife of 64 years, Lydia Clarke, Their 2 children and also 2 grandchildren.

Source: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/bio

:(
I don't keep up on celebrity news.

Plant of the Apes and Omega Man were my two favorites!

He is also the most public figurehead of the NRA. I had forgotten he was in True Lies! What a great movie. He was also in Call of the Wild, among thousands of other movies.

xvart.

AND, he did a cameo in heavy make-up in that Planet of The Apes re-make.

Man, that blew my mind when I saw that. What a great homage to Mr. Heston; a human in the original and an ape in the re-make.

VERY cool. :hail:

Back