What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phyllodias

I had my Sarracenias under low light so they started to produce phyllodias but now I have them under good light again

Should I cut the Phyllodias?

Thanks

nope. keep them till they turn brown. they help with photosynthesis. but its personal choice. i dont harm in cutting them off. makes the plant look cleaner :)

Alex

i love the phyllodias, my oreophila made red tip then fades to green toward the root. beautiful. but the pitcher came out all green, wonder why the phyllodia have red and my oreophila is all green

They make them for a reason.

xvart.

i love the phyllodias, my oreophila made red tip then fades to green toward the root. beautiful. but the pitcher came out all green, wonder why the phyllodia have red and my oreophila is all green

Yes, oreos have rather nice ones. :)

another reason is that oreophila was my first sarracenia, so i thought.... hmm when is that thing going to grow bigger and expand out to be a pitcher.... turns out it was a phyllodia. but now my oreophila have 3 pitcher, still too small. yesterday i got a spider in there, it just climbed back up and swung away.

Back