What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do?

Man my predator is getting to big for my basement grow chamber. I need to move it to the window. This sucks. I already got a huge coco fiber planter like elgecko has his hamata in. Is there some thing I should do or just re-pot it in the new mix and planter and put it in the window? I don't want to lose the pitchers. They are pretty big for me at least.

If there's a real difference in the locations, I would expect to lose some pitchers. You can acclimate it with a dry cleaning bag to lower humidity, and maybe add some RO water (or go ahead and fertilize if you do that) in the pitchers. Use superthrive if you're into that.

OR you could chop it up and sell the cuttings for a pretty penny. They would make great trading material, too.

I was actually thinking of taking some cuttings and trying to get them to root. It is a nice difference in conditions. Humidity is way lower in my room and also light.

When you cut that plant I want to figure out a way to get one of them from you please! Please! please!

The thing is I'm not sure where to cut it. My ventrata is huge now and has all these long vines. I know where to cut that one. But this one does not so maybe it would have to wait.

Maybe. How about a picture? It might be too soon to cut. If it doesn't have a basil yet I wouldn't cut it. No matter how much I want a piece of it. :p

Back