What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bleeding Hamata?

CP_dude

future nursury owner...i hope
OK, so it's not exactly bleeding, but it is excreting a sticky liquid from the underside of the leaves...it's almost a clear/white color. Not only that, the leaves seem to be a light green, and it has stopped pitchering...again.

It seems healthy and it making much larger leaves than what it used to.

Fungus, Infestation?

Let's get the experts here!:-))

It's just nectar. It may or may not have mildew on it, but the mildew feeds on the sugar and does no harm to the plant. It's just ugly :p

that's good to know :)

i thought it may me nectar, but i thought it was only produced on pitchers, so i thought i would post it up just to be safe.

so what about the light green/yellow leaves? they're more green than yellow though. I'm thinking lack of minerals, but i'm scared to fertilize it... i never fertilized before

Nectar glands can located in the pitchers, on the leaves, and on the stems. My n. x ventrata usually produces more nectar on the stems than in the pitchers(it only has 2).

Is it light green or yellow? Are you feeding or fertilizing?

It's a light green, but lighter than it normaly is. I normally feed, but it only has one pitcher (large might I add :)) , but a spider decided to make the pitcher it's home, so when i try to feed it the food just gets caught in the web and becomes the spider's food...

Back