What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tragedy!

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
say good bye to my nephentes and VFT

my fish tank fell on my PC dragging along whit it my VFT, Nephente's and butterwort
the butterwort's pot is smashed and it's leaves are covered completely in dirt
The VFT ha been decapitated 3 time's
and my nephentes has had 3 or o of it's new pitcher's cut off
also my computer is still soaked(writing this on laptop)

so question is: is there any hope for my plant's to survive?

PS: Pic's will Follow
PPS: :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Your plants will probably be fine. The vft will be okay as long as the rhizome wasn't damaged too badly( from your description it wasn't), the nep won't mind losing a few pitchers, and the butterwort is probably fine too and if not you can do some emergency leaf pullings. The most important thing to do is get them replanted.

I don't know about the VFT, but the butterwort might be able to survive if it's leaves are just covered in dirt. You should get it into a new pot as soon as possible. Also, my Nepenthes fell over and it's leaf got a cut halfway through on the side. That cut is surrounded by black and the tendril is black but the plant seems fine. Just get everything comfortable and hope for the best.

hmm ok but i mean the VFT only got 3 mouth's cut off
the nephente's had like the center spike thingy of wich all the new pitcher's came from cut off so i don't see how it can make new pitcher's now :S

hmm ok but i mean the VFT only got 3 mouth's cut off
the nephente's had like the center spike thingy of wich all the new pitcher's came from cut off so i don't see how it can make new pitcher's now :S

It could activate another growth point.

xvart.

It could activate another growth point.

xvart.

just thinkin' that.

When you cut the vine to root a cutting, the plant still figures out how to grow from a different point. It'll probably be fine.

my parrent's got me a large nephentes and a new VFT :) i guess it's becouse i gratuaded but it could also be becouse of this little accident :)

Back