What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summer Solstice!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
At 7:59 p.m. this evening (in the Northern Hemisphere) the summer solstice will occur. The sun will be at her height...and, sadly, the days will begin to shorten. The solstice is a powerful day...but I sure hate to see the sun go.

Make the most of this long day!

Litha is the celebration Summer Solstice. The Solstice is the time when the sun is at the height of its power. It is the longest day of the year, midsummer. This is the time when the gardens are producing fruits and vegetables of summer. Wildlife is flourishing and the trees are covered in green leaves. ...However, it is also a time of transition. After Midsummer, the sun begins its yearly descent. The days will get shorter and shorter until the Winter Solstice when it begins its rise to power again.

Midsummer is also a time when it is said that fairies abound. They bring their playfulness and merriment, especially at Midsummer’s Eve. Shakespeare’s popular play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” is a story of the Queen of the Fairies Titania and her king Oberon, having a bit of fun at the expense of the mortals.

How can we celebrate Litha? Decorate with and wear bright colors. Have lots of fresh flowers and candles or fire to honor the summer and the God of the Sun. Hot and Spicy foods honor the heat of the day and fresh fruits and vegetables celebrate the abundance that is available at this time. It is a day to celebrate life and make wishes for the future.

Happy Litha! Go look for faeries in the woods. :D

Last edited:
Awww that sucks about the sun leaving us sooner now :-(

the solstice already!?!?!?!?!?! Geeze summer just got here!

the solstice already!?!?!?!?!?! Geeze summer just got here!

Exactly what I was thinking! I suppose it's time for the sweltering heat of the midwest... How I miss thee...

xvart.

Back