What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph surprise! Yes this is Nep related

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I was watering one of my Cephalotus today and noticed something different in the pot. I recall a while back when sowing some Nepenthes seed I had a few leftover and just threw the extras around in various pots. Looks like I was a little bit successful since I have almost a dozen little sprouts!

MiscCPs001-62108.jpg

xvart.

LOL! know how are you gonna replant the seedlings after they get bigger without shocking your ceph?

LOL! know how are you gonna replant the seedlings after they get bigger without shocking your ceph?

I don't think it will be too big of a deal since most of the seedlings are spread around the exterior of the pot. I doubt there will be much disturbance.

xvart.

oooo ahhh...
what kind of nep seed?

<----- can't even get Nep seeds to sprout when trying

Congratulations. Looks like you may have some mildew or mineral deposit on the surface of the media. Might want to take care of that.

My little group of N. mirablis seem to be doing well. There are several that sprouted in the holes of the porous media composition and are growing slower (probably due to less light), but the one you can really see is the biggest so far.

CephHG1-72008.jpg

Nmirablis-72008.jpg

xvart.

Back