What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. raminspinas

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Well, since my snipe bid on that wonderful ramispina cutting was deflected by the site crash, I decided to order up my own N. ramispina. Turns out the nursery selling these is selling them 2 plants per 4 inch pot. Cool. Ramispina is definitely one of my favorite highland neps. You just gotta love the pitcher contrast. It's like a nepenthes in a tux.

Check out that coloration!

So, as you can see, 2 plants. 1 fully opened pitcher, 1 far along on its way, and many more coming. Love this nep...

oops.... misspeeled title.....

Last edited:
Very nice! I have one on the way from the same place, thanks for the sneak preview of what it will look like :) Hope it grows well for you!

Happy growing!

When grown under strong lights they are black not brown. So it's kinda a sign of your light power too. But they are real nice.

Anyone think i could pop these guys outside under shade cloth yet, or are they too small?

They are still young Murphy. My plant never got plack pitcher on it even in strong light. And that is because it is young. Let the plant get some age on it to get the darker pitchers.

Mine is the same size and they are black. Or were til I repotted it.

Back