What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is NOT a pregnant man!!!

AAARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had forgotten about that which is called the pregnant man until this evening when the baby was born. I do not care what gender you choose to live your life as, I do not care how much facial hair you have, I do not care what your legal name is, I do not care what you refer to yourself as...IF YOU STILL HAVE THE FEMALE MACHINERY, YOU ARE NOT A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She stopped in the middle of her transition to manhood to have a baby. Well, if you gots the parts to have a baby, you ain't a dude!

That's like if I put a Escillade chasis on my Explorer and then tell everyone that I own a Cadillac.

or maybe not.

????????

Yeah IT was a woman that was in the process of a sex change that got prego.

Agreed. I don't care what people do with themselves, but I hate when a guy will get a sex change, and they refer to him as "she"/"her"/etc. Born a man, always a man. Figure out how to change your DNA if you want to be referred to as the opposite gender.

sorry I am liberal and i have a lot of friends from choir that are gay and or like different lifestyles so i would have to say let them live their lives the way they want

but "se la vi".....

I never said they can't live their lives like they want to. I just stated fact. the prego man is actually a woman in the process of a sex change. I can care less what she does. I have gay friends. I don't judge. Yet I have a problem with misrepresenting the facts. The facts are she was a lady having a sex change.

But the philosophical question here is what makes a man a man and what makes a woman a woman? I remember this big discussion we had in Women's Studies about the difference between someone's "sex" and "gender." Sex being physical body parts and gender being mental feelings of affiliation.

xvart.

Wow, seems like a lot of people here aren't very secure in their "manhood".

Why does it matter to you what someone calls themselves? Do you think it somehow lessens you?

Or are you threatened and scared by the idea that the world isn't as simple as you want it to be?

Ever heard "suck it up, be a man!"? Clearly, what makes someone a "man" isn't purely biological, as plenty of people are considered "unmanly" in spite of their biology. Even beyond that, we have a separate term for young human males, who don't "become a man" until their teens or so (depending on what someone sees as the distinction between man and boy).

For 4 years, I was in a relationship with a woman whose appearance was so androgynous that she could easily use the guy's restroom without question, and I guarantee that none of the crazy crap you'll think was actually true. And she wasn't transitioning or anything - she simply was, by nature, a very androgynous person in both appearance and manner.

Anyone who is "bugged" by trans individuals has issues with their own gender and/or sexuality, simple as that.

Mokele

But the philosophical question here is what makes a man a man and what makes a woman a woman? I remember this big discussion we had in Women's Studies about the difference between someone's "sex" and "gender." Sex being physical body parts and gender being mental feelings of affiliation.

xvart.

"Feelings" and "philosophical questions" has nothing to do with the FACT that XY chromosomes = MALE and XX chromosomes = FEMALE, it's just that simple! Just basic biology, that's all. Behavior, and orientation is something else. Having said that, there should be some consideration to those who have some biological twist that derails their biological destiny, it happens, they deserve to live just as the rest of us, and don't really threaten anyone in any way. - Rich

"Feelings" and "philosophical questions" has nothing to do with the FACT that XY chromosomes = MALE and XX chromosomes = FEMALE, it's just that simple! Just basic biology, that's all. Behavior, and orientation is something else. - Rich

Agreed. If the person still has the XY chromosomes, that still means that he's still a male. It's in every single nucleus of every single cell.

You all are aware that there are XY women and XX men, right? It's common, due to a transposition that relocated the SRY gene (which triggers male growth) to the X and off the Y.

Furthermore, think more in depth: X and Y don't mean squat. It's just that the Y carries the SRY gene, which sets of a developmental sequence leading, usually, to maleness. But development is tricky - mutations and environmental factors can alter it. Studies of Trans individuals have revealed that, whatever their chromosomes, their brains are biologically of the gender they identify with, likely due to developmental anomaly that sent their bodies in one direction, but their brains in another (yes, it's very possible - development involved complex interactions of dozens or hundreds of genes that vary in both time and anatomical space).

So, if an individual, due to developmental anomaly, possessed the body of male but the mind of a female (or vice versa), what are they? Given that the brain is what gives us personality, memory, thought, behavior, and generally everything that makes us what we are, I say the brain is the deciding factor.

Biology is NEVER simple.

Oh, I think I see where you're going. And yes, Biology isn't really simple, but what I said is basic biology, but yet it's still complex. The human body is just an amazing thing.

Mokele makes good points. Back in 2000 or 2004, the IOC finally quit its genetic testing of female athletes, because it finally listened to the experts who said the subject is too complex to be reduced to a simple biochemical M or F.

Now where is Clint in this thread ??
:jester:

Anyone who is "bugged" by trans individuals has issues with their own gender and/or sexuality, simple as that.
Oh yes, let me tell you. Anyone that has any sort of opinion whatsoever on issues like this besides, "let me throw myself at the feet of and worship everyone that's even slightly different" has severe personal problems. Uh oh! I better not talk about this! It might just make me want to turn into a tranny myself! Ohhh nooooooo!
Sheesh dude, let's not let dogmatic liberalism effect us too much.

Sure there are XY females and XX males, but combined, they make up what...less than 1% of the population? Therefore, there's not even a point in bringing them up besides to just mention that they exist. Oops, forgot about the militant liberalism and "I'm always right" syndrome. We better not even acknowledge male/female sex or gender, because there are less than 1% of people who are a little different. While we're at it, since these people are inherently different, let's throw a bunch of money at them too....

Oh yes, let me tell you. Anyone that has any sort of opinion whatsoever on issues like this besides, "let me throw myself at the feet of and worship everyone that's even slightly different" has severe personal problems. Uh oh! I better not talk about this! It might just make me want to turn into a tranny myself! Ohhh nooooooo!
Sheesh dude, let's not let dogmatic liberalism effect us too much.

Sure there are XY females and XX males, but combined, they make up what...less than 1% of the population? Therefore, there's not even a point in bringing them up besides to just mention that they exist. Oops, forgot about the militant liberalism and "I'm always right" syndrome. We better not even acknowledge male/female sex or gender, because there are less than 1% of people who are a little different. While we're at it, since these people are inherently different, let's throw a bunch of money at them too....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

um isnt it males are xy and females are xx?

Back