What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

basal shoot?

I have this ventrata that hasnt seemed to grow at all over the past month or so and today when I looked at it, I found this. Is this a basal shoot and is this why the plant doesnt seem to be growing? What do I do with the basal shoot?

NepenthesVentrata.jpg

I have this ventrata that hasnt seemed to grow at all over the past month or so and today when I looked at it, I found this. Is this a basal shoot and is this why the plant doesnt seem to be growing? What do I do with the basal shoot?

NepenthesVentrata.jpg

That is certainly what it looks like to me. I would simply allow that shoot to fully establish itself in the pot and remove it only when it has a generous root system. Nepenthes can be notoriously shallow-rooted. Why your N. ventrata seems to be slowing its growth probably has nothing to do with the shoot itself . . .

Back