What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

11ppm?

• Thread starter upper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    tap

upper

Capensis Killer
i just got this TDS Meter...
first i tested my tap water, 326ppm, i threw the water out.
then i tried the water from the vending machine, 6ppm. yay, that should be low enough right?
THEN!!! i tried the water that my dad brings home from work to put on the arrowhead water dispenser thing, i put the cold water and tested it... 11ppm... that should be low enough right? i cant believe i've been wasting all these money and energy to run to the store to vend 2 gallon of water. but now i dont know if its the arrowhead water dispenser or the water that my dad brings home that is making the low PPM water.

6 and 11 ppm just be perfectly fine. The reason why it's low, I don't know. Why, is it supposed to be higher or were you expecting it to be higher?

6 and 11 ppm just be perfectly fine. The reason why it's low, I don't know. Why, is it supposed to be higher or were you expecting it to be higher?

i was really expecting it to be higher.
my dad works in a restaurant as a manager, and i saw how they get the water, it looks like tap water with some filters under it. i guess its either that the filters are actually the R/O filter or the arrowhead dispenser machine can remove some ppm.

I believe you want to keep the TDS at 50 PPM and lower so you're golden either way.

well, because then why would i go to food 4 less each day to get water if my dad can just bring some from work.

yeap.....you're ok with those readings

Back