What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about cuttings

Steven Magee

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!
Hi guys I was just wondering, when you take cuttings, do they produce roots or leaves first, or a little of both at the same time? I have about 9 cuttings that I used Rootone on and they are finally starting to bud. I'm guessing the answer is roots but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for any help!

Leaves formed for me first.

it depends really some can produce roots first and some leavs and some bolth at the same time

matt

I get leaves before roots.

I think it depends on rooting substrate and your conditions.
I had roots before leaves with LFS.
Leaves before roots with pearlite.

I usually get a couple of roots before the activated node takes off...

I've been putting cuttings in water.

HPIM0857-1.jpg

HPIM0856-1.jpg

Thanks everyone for the responses! I guess I am back to where I started though, it seems everyone has a different answer lol

Jimscott: I read that the roots don't like to be exposed to light. I am interested in trying that method though, maybe just in a dark colored pot.

LOL! I must have missed that info. Maybe I got lucky. The cutting was planted is now a fully fledged N. ventrata. I tend to think outside the box...

Back