What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i now interupt the political discussions......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
For the record, the Nazis also made paper.

Couldn't resist.

Pretty cool.

Papercuts from that must be a *****.

It's made from Buckminsterfullerene! A material who's name is extrapolated from the name of Futurist and philosopher Buckminster Fuller or just Bucky Fuller. "The universe is none-simultaneously apprehended." was one of his main aphorisms, essentially he's saying anyone who thinks they know all about the universe and has all the answers is lying to you.

Thanks for that Rattler, interesting news! :)

is this the same guy who pinned his name on all the gigantic spiky stellated polyhedra, calling them all "bucky balls" and also named some unit of a polyhedra a "fullerene?" I'd rather say "Stellated truncated icosahedron with inverted pyramids on the faces" than "bucky ball."

That's awesome. I wonder what technologies will exist 100 years from now. Space crafts might be as light as a kite.

If we have a space program by then.

That's awesome. I wonder what technologies will exist 100 years from now. Space crafts might be as light as a kite.

If we have a space program by then.

I'm still waiting for my jet pack to fly to work on.

xvart.

Fuller didn't attach his name to those things, it was the work of his fans. A long ago friend of mine was one of that surprisingly large group of people and named his son Buckminster. My daughter is fortunate I didn't feel compelled to name her after Aldo Leopold.

Back