What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCain thread

• Thread starter Tropics
  • Start date
McCain says that Obama has friends who are terrorists -- or at least he has one acquaintance, an American, who was once a member of a terrorist organization 40 years ago and is now a professor at a respected university. McCain was trying to use the word "terrorist" to tie Obama to a terrorist organization like Al-Qaeda. Oh, wait. Al-Queda members just recently endorsed McCain.

Article

Don't forget that all college professors are Gay Communists seeking to turn the rest of us that way.
So it only stands to reason, that Obama is a Secret Gay Muslim Communist, as well as a Secret Time-Traveling Nazi Muslim - with a "thing" for poor people!

:-D

But seriously, I think that thing seems like a fake no matter who it possibly benefits. All through the early campaign there was talk of "what if something like this (an Al-Qaeda notice or video) shows up, who would benefit most" and there was heavy speculation pro/con on both sides. Perfect idea planting for the wild ones out there on either side. If it was manufactured, it could have been any freelancer from either side, just like the "B" girl or the Acorn registrations.

It really is one of those things you can analyze to death. What if Al-Qaeda said they endorsed McCain because they don't want the American people to vote for him, because they think they can progress their agenda more under Obama?

I like how Al-Qaeda claims the economic disaster was their masterminded plan all along.

xvart.

I thought undermining the American/Western economy really was Al Qaeda's agenda. Didn't you guys watch all those recordings of bin Laden and the others? They're out to dismantle America so that we stop pushing our culture and values on them. That was the whole reason why they picked the World Trade Center - to throw a wrench in the works both physically and psychologically. That's their thesis; that capitalism is the opposite of their fundamentalism and the cause of all the problems in the modern Islamic world. Their goal is to shut it down so that our commerce doesn't interfere with their theology. Correct me if I'm wrong.
~Joe

And some terrorist organizations have supported Obama too. And Iran thinks that he would be a better choice, though they say they do not expect a large change in policy.
I don’t care who terrorists endorse. Any terrorist. McCain or Obama. Their opinion on business like this should not be given any more thought than a speck of dust.

And the economic problems have hit many other countries harder than the US. That comment is a STUPID move on their part. And I am fine with that...

The McCain campaign couldn't even remember to call Joe the Plumber to be at a rally, putting McCain in an embarrassing position. McCain tried to point out Joe the Plumber in the crowd, but Joe wasn't there. Maybe the campaign staff didn't remember to call Joe because they were still too upset about the maverickiness of Sarah Palin. (Is she a "diva" or is she a "whack job"?) It turns out that Joe is not even a licensed plumber anyway. It's beyond me why McCain wants to use Joe as an example because he has a lien filed against him by the State of Ohio for unpaid taxes. McCain picked Joe the Plumber in much the same way he picked Sarah Palin -- without much thought. The long campaign is showing the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates.

Article

Perfect symbol, for a nation of wanna be Joe the Plumbers. It's way too similar to Bob the Builder (McCain actually even said BtB once!), but seriously it makes anyone talking about "Joe the Plumber" in an excited way sound like a little kid: "Today, on Bob the Builder..." :-D

Even if I were a republican I'd think it was silly. I know, it's their way of connecting with the "common man" since the common man rarely forgets how many cars or houses he has.

large_OHMAN1031color.jpg

Cheney must not have gotten the message. He endorsed John McCain. That's the second best thing that Obama could have hoped for. Bush (with his 25% approval rating) has been conspicuous by his absence from the presidential campaign. McCain should have had Bush endorse Obama. A few months ago one poll showed that Cheney had an approval rating of 15% nationally. He endorsed McCain in a speech he gave in his home state of Wyoming, where his approval rating is just above 50%. Maybe he figured that nobody besides Wyoming residents would notice.

Back