What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this ceph okay?

hey all just wondering whats happening to my ceph..

some pitchers are turning yellow..

they receive bright light, and not direct sunlight daily..

btw, i live in malaysia.. in a tropical climate..

I'm can't answer if it is ok or not, but you should take some leaf pullings for insurance. You have quite a few that you could try.

I won't venture a guess on whether it's ok or not, but mine does that from time to time, and makes up for it with new growth rather quickly. I've stopped paying attention to it. However, maybe someone else here has a better idea on what causes it.

Pitchers are impermanent, just like any other part of a plant. Eventually they wear out and the plant lets them wither, to make room for new leaves. How long have you had it? Judging by the winter leaves poking up from the crowns, it's probably just last year's growth.
~Joe

I too loose pitchers during the cool winter months, nothing to worry about they always make more in the spring. You could try some leaf cuttings since you have plenty...just in case something bad happens...especialy if this is your only plant.

looks like they are just old pitchers. they should be replaced by new leaves or pitcher over time. Also thats a nice healthy looking ceph you have!

I'm can't answer if it is ok or not, but you should take some leaf pullings for insurance. You have quite a few that you could try.

Ditto! They could probably use more light, though. Not much coloration.

thanks for the comments...

Back