What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White N. rafflesiana

I've had a N. rafflesiana for about 6 months. It's been growing okay, but only one pitcher - the other tendrils dried up. Since we've started getting more sun, the last two leaves have been much lighter - see pics - and the most recent is almost totally white. I moved it into a covered seed tray (with some air circulation) thinking the higher humidity might help it pitcher. The latest tendril is starting to swell, as you can see in the lower right of the first pic. Is the color just a result of too much sun, and will it adjust, or do these plants just like lower light? Thanks!
DSC02566.JPG

DSC02567.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
broken pics.

carnivoure12 said:
broken pics.
no their not

sorry as to the N. rafflesiana, i don't know, but it should be okay

Last edited by a moderator:
they don't work for me.

I can see them on my computer - does anyone else have trouble? also, will this plant always need higher humidity, or just when it's young?

um i can't see any pics

I can't see any pic's on any of your threads

how come im the only one who can see it so far o.o

no pics! but I really want to see!

:redx:

I'll try again later when I have a little more time. Seems like posting pics from Picasa isn't working so well. I'll try from the CP photo hoster soon. You'll all like it - it looks wierd!

You can try www.Hostultra.com they used to give away free webspace/hosting if you allowed them to put ads on your home page.
Then you can just use it as a gallery to link images to your posts here. :D

I don't even have the little red "X"!

Try adding

Edit: Meh, tried it myself, didn't work. :/

Possible sun-bleaching. That happens occasionally.

Images don't show on mine.

@ Capensis: It's

Wait, never mind.

I can see the pic. I had the opposite happen on my N. Reinwardtiana 'Green'. It had been producing normal leaves and then shot out one that was completely red.

I just see two little red X's where the pics should be. None of my neps have done this, but my Christmas cactus is making a few white leaves. I guess it was in too low light for too long. That's weird that yours turned white in high light though.

I feel left out, I still can't see them. D: LOL.

Definite sun-bleaching. New growth should turn back to green in time.

Back