What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph's of the Summer of '09

Been awhile since I posted Ceph pics... got that Dreaded fungus and had a problem with that for awhile which set all my plants back.
But I beat the fungus again and the plants have recovered. Still not back to where they were yet.

Anyways:

One Plant I have

In the tank

CPJcephS.jpg

Fancy pot pic

PotS.jpg

Another Plant

Pot1S.jpg

ClumpBest1S.jpg

Here's a cool one, a Ceph that makes hooked ribs... the other two forming pitchers seen in the pics have developed since this pic I took last month (takes me awhile to post sometimes...)
Both of them carry this trait.

HookCeph1S.jpg

The new plant for the Tiki pot.

PotS.jpg

This plant seems to put out pitcers that are Wider & Flatter. The trait has continued for the whole time now and I hope it is stable.

Plant1S.jpg

A close-up

Plant1CloseS.jpg

Another angle

Plant2CloseS.jpg

In the Tank

SeedCephS.jpg

These are another of yet another Plant

Clump1S.jpg

Top o' Pot

ClosePot1S.jpg

The strip

Clump3S.jpg

The whole pot

Pot1S.jpg

WOW! Your ceph are really healthy looking!!! lol, I like the fat and short one, rofl, and the hook one is cool too. :) Thanks for posting!!! I also love the moss.

Okay, I understand that you can't mention other vendors here... but the names in the code and nobody will see it.
They'll only see the picture.
I categorize my Ceph's by where I got them in case you're wondering why I would use a vendors name in the code...

Very nice colors. Very vibrant. :)

Those are the best Cephs I've ever seen! GREAT job! :)

Woah~ someone's got money!
Looks like you have the new ceph, the 'short n tubby'

Nice looking Cephs!

Hey G,

Great looking plants, looks like they recovered nicely :)

well done indeed mate!
Av

Woah~ someone's got money!
Looks like you have the new ceph, the 'short n tubby'

Actually I got the variations from trades with a generous friend and they were small and I grew them out.

And the fact that over 20% of the company got laid off, no raises this year, but plenty more work, my train ticket went up to $232/month from $211 to commute over two hours a day, sales tax up, interest up, everything it seems is going up...

So yeah, I've got money... I work for it and it mostly goes to bills & taxes so watch out with statements like that as some people can get offended.:slap:

I'm not lashing out at you, just putting this out on the table kid-o:hug:

Capensis, guess you haven't been around here long... wait till you see Jmatt's Ceph's!

Thanks Clue, I give em a lotta light to boost up the colouration

Thanks Devon B, glad ya like the moss

Thanks as always Jimscott!

Thanks Av8tor1, The main part of the recovery was from keeping em outside and letting the sunlight burn it off and the air movement and rainfall perk em up.
Was using Fertilome Systemic before they went outside.
Treated some with that Rootshield and should probably apply some more soon.
The HG seems to have recovered nicer than usual from a repotting... maybe from the Rootshield?

Back