What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first test terrarium..

Did make a fast terrarium and it worked out pretty nice I think,
its very wett due to get all the peat walls wet takes time..

Here are some pics:

Pic:
sln2ma.jpg

Pic:
14jm835.jpg

Pic:
2v7vvkm.jpg

Pic:
nd7byr.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality.

I'm worried about that Cephalotus. They like their soil damp, not wet.

Yeah but it will be damp pretty soon I guess

i second wolfn on that
however what is your lighting? those plants appear to be awfully far away from the lights

Wow it looks great! I too hope everything will survive! How did you get the peat walls to work? I have seen similar design. It used foam walls that started from the top of one side slanting to just about the other side of the tank. Pockets in the foam heald the plants and media. Water constantly runs from top to bottom. Very sweet setup!

A little upd now added one small little Nepenthes alata its hanging free and made a sphagnum
peat and perlite hanging basket for the rots. (plan is to ad another plant on that basket).

Pic:

2a6rymc.jpg

Pic:

2qu53ev.jpg

I like the look. It's very natural. I'm especially impressed with the walls of the terrarium. I have to agree with the others regarding the level of wetness that they ceph is in. I imagine that right now, there's more water there due to 'construction' and that you'll let it air out a little more. It maybe a good idea to have the ceph on a slightly bigger mound to allow gas exchange and so that the roots aren't sitting so close to the water level. I also see what appear to be a dionaea - which again - will appreciate being a little drier than that. The drosera appear to be D. hamiltonii which grow alongside cephalotus, so again a little less wet might be the way to go. However, I love the look. :)

Yeah to answear some questions :) the light is good just that when i take photos i turn some off :p And yes its wet but just because I have made the peat moist and that takes some time and i have it mutch more moist when i have made anything in it like u did say Brokken. and thnx for all feedback

Back