What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK. Lay it on the line. What are options for insecticides when it comes to cp's? I sometimes just stare at my plants like i'm watching them grow (who doesn't right) and its not uncommon for me to find a few aphids on my capensis so I'll pick em off with tweezers. but today I was staring and the capensis was thicker with aphids than usual. Also on my Rafflesiana I found a pinhead sized pinkish fuzzy bug that I believe to be a mealy. so even more concerned i kept picking and searching and i found what looked like a baby slug in my alice's soil. (to fat to be fungus knat larva i tink) so I'm hoping I'm not on the verge of some revenge of the bugs pandemic here. I'm not about to do anything rash but just want to know any and all options. I'm really interested in home remedies too. And while your posting lemme know what ya think of my setup.
Thanks guys.
Da Jimmer

DSC05060.jpg

N. Rafflesiana, P. Potosiensis, N. Singalana (Tujuh), D. Capensis (Alba) D. Alicea, P. "Wesser", and N. Sanguinea. Lights are 2 cfl's over 1000 lumens each at 6500k

Schultz Garden Safe is one that contains neem oil.

Personally, this will be my primary option from now on.

I'd like to explore this option, quoting Aviator:

Back in my Dupla style planted aquarium days I did the DIY C02 with yeast and sugar water...

dude......... plants dig it, crritters hate it and i love it! great idea. sheez i could do that as like a maintanance thing. stick em all in a 10 gallon and ice em. thats genious. i'll try it for sure sometime.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

you get a smiley sticker :-D

Back