What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr, Who?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture005-5.jpg

D. adelae?

Looks like a baby adelae.

Yes, looks like juvenile adalae.

Now how did an adelae get in there? I have no seeds and the real adelae pots are nowhere near that one.

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture089.jpg

no need for seed pods. roots will git'er done!

I have had my D. adelae jump pots also! I believe the roots find a way up and into other pots if close enough, or you get an un-wanted leaf propagation. I believe in my case the roots jumped pots.

If you accidentally used the same potting media you used for a D. adelae pot, a stray root in the soil could've popped up.

I think that's how I am getting stray D. capillaris in a several of my pots... at least the seeds thereof.

Looks like a Tom Baker to me, you can tell by the scraggley hair.

It took you guys two pages to get around to making a Dr who wisecrack? LOL!

I had a bet with myself, did I.

tom_baker.jpg

I thought the younger guys needed a chance to step up ! I couldn't hold back any longer.

I got this colony as seedlings in 2005. They exist, but they don't flower. I don't know what it takes to get them to flower.

Picture034-1.jpg

I got this colony as seedlings in 2005. They exist, but they don't flower. I don't know what it takes to get them to flower.

Which one? The cape sundew or the utric? :-))

-Hermes

dormancy? keep on the dry side during winter months while the growth slows down? that'd be my guess.

It took you guys two pages to get around to making a Dr who wisecrack? LOL!

We were all thinking it. We were just resisting the urge. Besides, what is the Doctor without the Master? :-))

-Hermes.

Master-Madness.jpg

LOL! But it was short for Drosera Who!

So?

You think that would keep the smart-alecks at bay?

Back