What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassii, growing on kitchen windowsill

Hi,

I have owned a Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassii for some time and it has been placed in various location, but always under artificial lighting until recently. It now resides on my kitchen windowsill we no artificial light. It has been there for a few weeks now and since moving it has come into flower. Today was a sunny so I took the opportunity to take the plant outside to take a few pictures. The plant looks a little worse for wear due to the location prior to moving it to the kitchen windowsill being far from ideal for light levels; however, as you can see there is now a new pitcher developing...

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Wow! How many hours of light does your windowsill get?

Ah, the benifits of living in a cool. humid, rainy climate. ;)

Well not too surprising, as long as they good light, and some misting some heli's can grow on a window easily, I'll venture into this method soon. nice heli!

Well not too surprising, as long as they good light, and some misting some heli's can grow on a window easily, I'll venture into this method soon. nice heli!
I don't bother with misting but Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassii is one of the most easy hybrids.

Looks real nice!

Cool, looks like wax because the flowers are so reflective. It also adds to the illusion because the pitcher on the left looks cracked.

Wow, that's a nice plant! I'm getting one in a month or two and this makes me think I can keep it really well on a window as well (next to the baby nutans).

Great looking plant Mobile, thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking of trying Heliamphora Minor on my patio. It could work.

Cool, looks like wax because the flowers are so reflective. It also adds to the illusion because the pitcher on the left looks cracked.
The pitchers are extremely brittle. The damage that you noticed on the left pitcher is a result of me knocking it with another pot while rearranging plants.

Here's a quick update, with some quick pics taken today:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

:0o: Crazy stuff!

Wow!

Holy cow, that it some amazing growth! Are most Heli hybrids relatively easy?

Holy masses of Helis Batman !!!!!!

holy cow! Awesome heli!

Back