What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have S. x 'Leah Wilkerson' or 'Reptilian Rose' pollen?

I'm looking for fresh S. x 'Leah Wilkerson' or 'Reptilian Rose' pollen within the next week or so. I have a S. x 'Doreen's Colossus' that should be blooming in about 10 days --two flowers-- and would like to cross one of the flowers with these plants.

I can either share seeds with you or reciprocate and send some of 'Doreen's Colossus' pollen back to you.

Let me know.

Oz

My Reptilian Rose is just now opening. Depending on how much I am able to get I may be able to send some your way. I'll let you know after it's fully opened.

I made the cross between Colossus and Leah last year. :) Already sent out some seeds. :) Good luck with it though, the more crosses the more chances for something spectacular and large.

French: That would be amazing! Let me know. I think mine is a week away. I'll PM my address in the event you get enough to send.

Brokken: We'll have to share notes on how these turn out!

Absolutely. :) I kept some of them for myself and I have two growing in my bogs. They're pretty teeny right now. :)

My Reptilian Rose is just now opening. Depending on how much I am able to get I may be able to send some your way. I'll let you know after it's fully opened.

Good luck with that pollen Yann. All three of my flowers were dry just like last year. Let me know how yours turns out.

Sorry OZ, my LW is already done.

Thanks anyway, Fred. I appreciate the thought.

Interesting results on the RR pollen. I've heard this before. It is interesting, though, isn't it? Plants are like people, in that every aspect of their being is genetically reflected. We take it for granted that plants are more than simple looks. I have one Sarracenia flava clone, for example, that produces an overabundance of pollen, significantly more than any other sarr I have.

I have a Leah Wilkerson..
however all my plants are VERY late this year..because they have been outdoors since early-march..
growth has barely begun..a few flower stalks are just beginning to poke up..
I expect it will be another month at least before any flowers open..

I put them outside so early because its been an unusually warm spring..
but they are so far behind because its been so cold out.
(that does actually make perfect sense! ;)

so I might have some pollen..but I expect it will be too late..
I will keep you posted.

Scot

Maybe not too late. I have about 150 plants flowering...but not a LW or RR. Some of mine are just coming up, so if there's anything that looks like it might make an interesting cross, I'll let you know. Let's stay in touch.

Oz

The RR just started to open today. So far only a very few specs of pollen have dropped but it doesn't look like there will be much. Nothing more then the tip of a paintbrush so far. I'll let you know if that changes.

Back