What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URGENT / N. clipeata in flower

I have a N. clipeata (clone 2 from Wistuba) that is coming into flower. As far as I know, this is the first flowering of this particular clone and it is male.

DSCF0010-2.jpg

If anyone here knows of a flowering female N. clipeata anywhere in the world at this time please contact me immediately (calhits1@hawaiiantel.net) so this pollen can be put to its best use.

If, no suitable female can be found then, would anyone know of an organization or institution with suitable facilities that might be willing to help in the preservation of this pollen.

Samuel Estes
13-3553 Luana Street
Pahoa, Hawaii 96778

(808) 965-7140

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Sam. I'd just like to applaud your flowering of clone 2. Sadly, I know of only a few people in possession of a female clone, but you may want to inquire those who I do know.
* "Lay" on Pitcher-plants
* Joachim Danz on Terraforums or Pitcher-plants

If anything, register the clone and add the fact that it is flowering as a male HERE at the NcSP. I applaud your efforts and I do hope to see some seed-grown clipeatas in the future! :bigthumpup:

Good luck!

[P.S.: Ask Philcula as well........ he told me a story about clipeata that might be of importance to you.]

Last edited:
Actually this would be the second flowering of clipeata clone 2.

I know someone who has a female. I will contact him and see if his is in flower. Worst case you can send him some pollen and he can freeze it down for later use.

Back