What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all I am not sure what type this is or if I can...

Keep this in a large pot of live spag with my VFT as a large carn collection .

DSCF1043.jpg

Any advise welcome...

Many thanks Noddy

Looks like S. psittacina.

Thanks Petmantis

Can I grow this is in with my VFT in Live Spagnam Moss ?

Many thanks Noddy

Yes you can grow psittacina with your VFT's, but I would use a 50/50 peat/perlite mix.

you can also grow it in dead LFS. you have to wet the medium first, then pack it tight around the rhizome.

Hi

I was hoping to turn the tray I been growing below into a carn garden... of various types...

As I like the idea of mixed in a larger area... than in a pot...

DSCF1049.jpg

Is this going to be ok

Noddy

Yep, fine. Stick 'em in!

I would agree with S. psittacina I.D. I think most sarr's like a deeper pot then the tray you have shown. I have most of my Sarr's in 1 gal pots or larger (except for the seedlings and Purps).

I would agree with S. psittacina I.D. I think most sarr's like a deeper pot then the tray you have shown. I have most of my Sarr's in 1 gal pots or larger (except for the seedlings and Purps).

I like growing flavas in 3 gallons, but can't do it all the time :-)) takes up too much room!

Noddy:

Get some rotundifolia and intermidia seed and create a temperate sundew garden! That's what I would do!

Back