What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to identify problem

My VFT has been growing poorly lately. Firstly the traps are more semi-open and quickly turns black. I fed a life mosquito larvae after a new trap open for a few days and after a week or so the center of the traps start showing a single black dot in the middle and few days later all turn black. Is the food i fed it too 'nutritious' for it or it showing sign of dormancy? I do notice in slow growth though. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

P1010803.jpg

P1010804.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with your flytrap. It's not uncommon for traps to turn black after catching an insect. I don't see any tell-tale signs of dormancy either, but if it's been actively growing for 8 months or more, it may be time for you to help induce dormancy however you do so there in Malaysia.

I don't see anything wrong with your flytrap. It's not uncommon for traps to turn black after catching an insect. I don't see any tell-tale signs of dormancy either, but if it's been actively growing for 8 months or more, it may be time for you to help induce dormancy however you do so there in Malaysia.

Ok thx for the reply. I got this baby about 2 month back i guess i had to wait a bit longer to induce dormancy

is the pot you have your vft in clay?i think that might be bad.

Back