What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.W. Australia biotype. Pic heavy

My 5 gal. hex tank with cephalotus, D, hamiltoniI, D. pulchella.
jrl1265

After 7 months of neglect where everything was almost dead I was able to bring them back.This photo was taken may of 2010 after 6 months of renewed care.
jrl1265

taken 1/2011
jrl1265
jrl1265

D.pulchella, gammae sown 0ct 2010
jrl1265
jrl1265

D. hamiltonii
jrl1265
jrl1265

I hope you enjoyed. Jack

Last edited:
That is so cool, now I want to do something similar. Good growing!

Very nice! I mean it.

dang....you must be doing something right! those D. hamiltonii look immaculate!
oh yeah, the cephs too! :p

............so.....all that stuff was nearly dead?......you sure?, because it sure doesn't look like it. :0o:

i was thinking of doing one of my cephs in a fish bowl planted, how often do u water to keep soil just perfect without rotting the plant?

Can you please post up the soil mix that you have used and how often you water you plants. What type of lights are you running on your tank? Is your tank drilled out for drainage? I have a ton of extra tanks that I would love to have an aquarium with a nice mix of plants like that in it.

First I have lava rocks for a reservoir, very airie substraite (2 parts perlite/one part spagnum moss) losely pact, and a substraite depth of 4-5 inches. During the summer I flood the tank 2 or three times, the rest of the year I fill the reservoir (one inch) and let the water absorbe until the reservoir is empty and then I fill it again. lighting is by a cfl. I have never had any problems with this set up. I should also add that it is very important to use as mineral free water as possible, I use bottle water that has been distilled (for my terrarium only) because I have no drainage.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information I have a ten gallon tank that is front opening that I am reallly wanting to try cephalotus in. What kind of ventilation do you have on your tank.

It's open at the top, with no fans. The room it is kept in has temp. ranges from high 50's at night to low 70's during the day.

Back