What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stressed from cold or getting a lot of light?

• Thread starter robthered
  • Start date
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question about my ablomarginata 'black'

Anyone have an idea whether my plant is stressed due to having nights of about 10-15c or is it just getting a lot of light? It's growing in my highland tank at the moment (cause i thought it would like it a bit cooler), but I can move it to my lowland which gets 30-33c during the day and 20c at night. I know raffs are prone to red spots when they get a lot of light and was wondering if anyone else knew of this occurring with ablomarginata's?

Here's a couple pics.

Any help would be awesome :D

I've seen that on a few of my neps..it's from intense light.

I think it is both. My campanulata is getting a ton of leaf damage like that or worse due to colder temps. However, my glabrata has leaves that show the same characteristic while it is growing happily. As long as the plant is growing and pitchering, I wouldn't worry too much.

Awesome thanks guys. Would you advise me to move it to a warmer tank? I have a lowland tank i can put it in. MAybe it would like it better in there?

albo is a strange plant IMO and is more of an intermediate from what i understand, ive seen the same thing on several albomarginata grown in stronger light, i would put a bet on it just being strong light.
ive grown mine as highlanders up until recently and the only thing that went wrong was slow growth...

Back