What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest April 2011

PITCHER OF THE MONTH CONTEST April 2011

CONTEST BEGINS TODAY!

Rules of Entry:
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
4. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 04/30/11
5. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
6. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
7. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
8. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
9. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 05/01/11, closing 05/07/11 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (... according to "proportional representation" ... http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/...rtional.html10) will be considered "Winners" and the first place winner will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sub-board.
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!

Contest will be closed on April 30th at 12:00AM EST
Good luck!!

Last edited:
my favorite thread

I love to see this thread develop.
Such beutiful plants Y'all post.
Alas, I must wait until August to enter, as I just started with CP's in Feb.
Good luck and great growing to all!

Guess I'll kick this thing off with N. spectabilis x aristolochoides

1007708.jpg

1007709.jpg

1007707v.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That's probably the prettiest spectabilis x aristolochioides I've ever seen! I hope mine looks half a good as yours in a few years.

This is my Nepenthes x Kohala (N. kampotiana X maxima) X (N. fusca X veitchii)

The first pic is from a week ago, but the pic I am entering is the second one I just took. You can see how it has colored up nicely. Pics aren't the best quality, sorry. Hope you enjoy anyway!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey thanks! It didn't start pitchering until it started vining. Go figure..

Seedgrown N.hamata....will update again when the peristome turns black.

Nhamata_4-4-11.jpg

Yup, not entering the contest here either now :lol:

Yup, not entering the contest here either now :lol:

Awww...come on! Surely you have something nice stashed away in that billion dollar collection of yours! :-))

OMG Exo!! I love your hamata man. Damn!! I miss my hamata. :( *tears*

Awww...come on! Surely you have something nice stashed away in that billion dollar collection of yours! :-))

Nope, it all looks sad because of the lack of sunshine hours in the winter :cry: maybe I'll try to see if I can't scare up a little something pathetic for you though..

You can do it thez! Astound us! ;)

Dog gone it Mark.. and here I thought I actually had a shot at the Hall of Fame. ~sigh~ Oh well, maybe next month. Enjoy your bragging rights.
Not to rule out any upcoming entries.. but that's some tough competition.

I know what will beat it...... Let me take a pic of my full size, seed grown Nep. Edwardsiana in bloom....:-D

I know what will beat it...... Let me take a pic of my full size, seed grown Nep. Edwardsiana in bloom....:-D

You should add it to your grow list then.. :awesome:

Zzzzz....Zzzzz....Huh....what.... Oh sorry I was dreaming...

My entry... N. x Mixta

DSC00260.jpg

Hooooly cow. Gorgeous pictures, people, this month is off to an amazing start.

Seed-grown hamata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

SEEDGROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz: :spazz:!!!!

An update on the hamata now that has more color.

Nhamata01_4-10-11.jpg

Nhamata02_4-10-11.jpg

Back