What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hello everyone:)! Since my collection is starting to wake up and look a lil presentable I thought i'd share some pics. I don't have anything spectacular and i've seen much prettier plants on the forum but I think its an okay collection for a noob. I started collecting these Nov of last year and cant seem to stop buying them:hail:.

Pitcher Plants, etc.

dscf0763w.jpg

Venus Flytraps, etc.

dscf0764e.jpg

First VFT mini bog

dscf0765u.jpg

Venus Flytrap seedlings and a D. adelae, looking horrible:D

dscf0766a.jpg

Sundews

dscf0767a.jpg

Drosera venusta

dscf0770m.jpg

Drosera spathulata 'Frasier Island'

dscf0772.jpg

Dionaea Muscipula "Crimson Sawtooth"

dscf0774.jpg

Akai Ryu

dscf0776o.jpg

Dente

dscf0777q.jpg

Beautiful typical

dscf0778u.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa

dscf0779l.jpg

S. purpurea

dscf0780g.jpg

S. purpurea

dscf0784.jpg

That's the same GH I use for my LL's. Humidity is amazing in that thing!

For me its not so humid. Most of the time i'm running an AC in it and it makes the air dry so I have to run a humidifier. I've been lucky, I guess, over the last few days. Nothing but rain and thunderstorms and no sun so it's around 70-80% in there now:).

Mine is in my bedroom, no A/C no humidifier.. just a fan. And it's a constant 80* day and night with a constant 90%

I wish I had the room in my bedroom. I have this one on my back patio. Its a learning experience for sure but it beats going around the yard picking up CPs after a big storm:D.

For me its not so humid. Most of the time i'm running an AC in it and it makes the air dry so I have to run a humidifier. I've been lucky, I guess, over the last few days. Nothing but rain and thunderstorms and no sun so it's around 70-80% in there now:).

Instead of AC, you may consider running a swamp cooler if your humidity tends to be low on those days when the sun is out. However, so long as you have adequate humidity, your plants should adjust to your summer temperatures, IMHO.

I doubt if i'll be able to keep it cool without the AC. Its in full sun and on 70F days it gets 95F inside. When it gets 95F+ I don't even want to see what the temps would be. Its a small AC and its already installed so its not a big problem:). Thanks for the tip though.

Back