What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TERRAFORUM'S 2012 CALENDAR CONTEST (rules, and submit photos here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gents,
I am pleased to announce, that Flytrapshop/Terraforums is planning on releasing another calendar for the 2012 year, and we need your help! If you are interested, here are a few guidelines of what we are looking for:
RULES FOR SUBMISSION (Please read carefully!)

If you're feeling up for it, please submit photos for use. However, because we want this to be a high quality, professional calendar, please adhere to the following guidelines:

captain obvious rule #1: photo must be of a carnivorous plant, it can be an entire plant shot or a macro image, cultivated or wild,---but it must be a carnivorous plant. :awesome:

captain obvious rule #2: you must own rights to the photo you are submitting...you can refer/suggest/ask someone to submit a photo, but if they are not personally posted by that person on this thread, they will not be taken into the voting process.

rule #3: photo submitted must be in landscape format. no portrait format pictures will be accepted.

rule #4: 2 replicates of the same photo should be made--one for web-viewing and a second (stock) to actually use on the calendar (8 megapixels or higher). You may chose to crop your photos, but this cropped image, again, must be 8 megapixels or higher.

web-viewing photos should be no larger than 800 pixels wide, and photographers are allowed to use watermarks on this photo. post the web-viewing photo on this thread, and keep the stock photo in your possession. ***PHOTOS CHOSEN FOR THE CALENDAR WILL BE SELECTED VIA COMMUNITY VOTING*** if your photo is chosen, i will contact you via pm/email so i can get the stock photo from you. please be aware that color balancing, adjustments, cropping and clipping will probably be used on your photos.

rule #5: you may use photos that were submitted for previous contests (except last year's calendar submissions), provided that they are your own photos, and you are not bound by any legalities to prevent duplication via another source.

rule #6: you may submit up to 3 submissions. make them count! :)

OTHER IMPORTANT TIDBITS
TIMELINE
+SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ENTERED IN BY 8/31
+VOTING BEGINS 9/1-9/17

Winners will be promptly contacted on 9/18 via pm or email to email me their stock/watermark free photos- ASAP would be greatly appreciated, but we will allow up to a week to wait for the photos, if photos are not collected in time, the next runner(s) up will be contacted for their photos.

PRIZES: Winners that get their photos chosen will receive a free calendar as thanks for making the project so awesome.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and remember: don’t think that your plant might not make the cut because it is a common plant...a beautifully fully grown capensis sparkling in the light will have a much better running than an eddie the size of a dime....

here's a sample of last year's winners, we are looking for photos of similar caliber. hope this get you all inspired:
07-1.png
03-1.png
12-1.png

good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
D. stolonifera stolonifera
DSC_00340001_1.jpg

U. nelumbifolia
DSC_00010001_9.jpg

C. "Giant Super Red Moccasin"
DSC_00540001_1.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell? Nothing ventured . . .

"B52"
B52-16.jpg

"Heliamphora chimantensis"

HCHIM-A.jpg

"Titan"
STITAN-1.jpg

Last edited:
oh shnaps...
B. reducta
B-reducta.jpg

H. nutans seedling
H-nutans.jpg

P. macroceras
P-macroceras.jpg

Last edited:
Can I achieve 72 dpi with photobucket? I would like to submit these photos and I am not sure of the dpi:
Drosera Scorpioides:
Scorp.jpg

The next 2 are Sarrs with unregistered names... could I still use them? Sarracenia "Bog Witch"
Bogwitch.jpg

And Sarracenia "Okie Dokie" (foreground) and "June Bug" (background"
OKIEDOKIE.jpg

@adam: yes. photobucket automatically converts to screen resolution. however, your original photos should be 8 MP or over. to calculate, take the dimensions of your photo and multiply them together. if they surpass 8,000,000 pixels, your photos qualify.

Ok, all 3 are 120,000,000. I'm keeping them in then :)

N.jacquelineae
Njacq_7-14-11.jpg

D.muscipula "Red Dragon"
calendarpic1.jpg

S.leucophlla "Alba top"
croppednotreduced.jpg

Last edited:
oohh I like your pic of the S.leucophlla "Alba top" and I'm not even a fan of sarrs

Too many submissions, pick only three.....very nice pics though. ;)

But I have so many to choose from! I literally have thousands of photos to weed through.

I'm really liking the wild CP photos. :hail:

@wire: very nice shots...one small problem---photos need to be in landscape format....i'll update the rules.

Such...beautiful....pictures...

@wire: very nice shots...one small problem---photos need to be in landscape format....i'll update the rules.

I can do that. I'll pick out two more landscape formats.

grrrrr... I would love to post some pics but it wont let me post attachments :crazy:

Here are my two more appropriate entries.

Sarracenia flava var. ornata at Joseph Pines.

Q6021079 by Wire Man, on Flickr

Drosera intermedia

Q6141485 by Wire Man, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back