What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I haven't taken many pics of my plants in such a long while so I decided to take a few tonight.

Hope you enjoy them.

First off is a surprise show stopper. I didn't know what this one looked like before I received it. It just sounded like a good cross. And big pitchers too. I couldn't lift it from between the grates because it was too big. Hard to tell size in this pic due to the angle, but it is about 8 inches easy.

N. ventricosa x truncata
truncataxvent.jpg

Small, but still pretty
N. xTrusmadensis
trusmadensis.jpg

Another small one, but also pretty...
N. lowii x veitchii
lowiixveitchii.jpg

One of my favs..
N. xSplendiana x xMixta
splendxmixta.jpg

D. regia
regiap.jpg

This one is getting to be more trouble than it's worth. An easy grower really, but I gotta look up it's spelling every time I mention it. :)
D. graomogolensis
gramm.jpg

N. ramispina
ramispina.jpg

Just received this one. Here it is with it's acclaimation apparatus (a baggie) removed temporarily for the pic.
N. macrophylla
macrophylla.jpg

Another new one undergoing acclaimation.
N. hamata
hamata.jpg

Group shot
groupshot.jpg

Alot redder than I would have thought. Turning out to be quite stunning (if you like red).
N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis)
ventxventxtrus.jpg

This one was in a funk for the longest time since I hacked it for cuttings. Finally starting to put out some pitchers. The funk continues at imageshack as I can't seem to get this picture to quit rotating. It is upright on my machine and any attempts to edit it at imageshack results in a sideways picture. Ah well, hope you enjoy it anyways.
N. ventricosa x xTrusmadensis
sabre22.jpg

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Beautiful! I really like the N. ventricosa x xTrusmandiensis. I have two plants of N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTM), I believe they are seedgrown, one is light, and the other is dark like yours except with dark stripes on the peristome.

very nice collection. :drool:

what.. that's it!?!? I know there's more hiding in that secret stash of yours. Come on buddy.. keep em' coming! Off to a good start though. :hail:

I love all the ventricosa crosses

Everything looks great! I really like the N. ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis), I guess I have another one to add to the want list....

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all.

@carn - My ventricosa x (ventricosa x xTrusmadensis) does have a dark stripped peristome, it's a little tough to see it in the pic. In less light my plants pitchers are more orangish and the peristome stripping is lighter. I posted one of it a while back when it was getting less light. Also the leaves turn reddish when under heavy lighting. It's a nice plant!

@mass - LOL. Yeah, I took a ton more pictures than this, but my photography skills are horrible. These were the only ones that weren't blurry. It's hard taking macro photo's by hand.

@Keith - Thank you. A few of the above plants probably look familar to you. I got them from you a few months ago so much credit goes to you on thier health and beauty. They didn't skip a beat. I didn't even need to acclaimate them.

Oh, nice!

Thank you all.

Since you asked mass, how about some outdoor plants?

First is my newest beauty. I haven't been able to find S. flava atropurpurea "Kimber Red Ruffles" so I got this one instead..
S. purpurea venosa x S. "Kimber Red Ruffles"
venxkimber.jpg

S. leucophylla "Schnells Ghost"
schnells.jpg

S. 'White Knight' from meadowview
whiteknight.jpg

S. "Savanha Jewel" with S. "Coral" in the background.
savanahjewel.jpg

Some daring spider making my S. "Reptillian Rose" home.
reptilian.jpg

Some unnamed S. Minor Okee Giant hybrid...
minorhybrid.jpg

A clump of shy S. minor with a more flamboyant S. leucophylla 'Schnells Ghost' jumping into the picture.
minord.jpg

S. 'John Smith'
johnsmith.jpg

S. 'Judith Hindle" x oreophylla
jhxoreo.jpg

One is S. 'Adrian Slack', the other is a 10 dollar flytrapshop purchase. Can you guess which is which. They look almost identical when pitchers are new (to me anyways).
flytrapcompare.jpg

S. alabamensis with a dinner guest another S. 'John Smith' in the background.
alabamensis.jpg

VFT 'Red Pirahna' with 'Crested Petiole' to the right.
pirahna.jpg

A VFT "Clumping Cultivar" colony
clumping.jpg

VFT "B52"
b52vm.jpg

Last edited:
Dang!! Wish my 'Red Pirahna' would grow like that. Thinking about repotting my VFT's.. They were doing so well in the HL GH, but now they're all just pouting outside. ???
Wish I had mad skills like you Damon. Everything looks so good..

Oooo nice! which hybrid did you get from the shop?? leuco "purple lips" x 'Royal Ruby'??

Slacks on the right? no wait, left? No! Right?

Nice growing. nice minor Okee hybrid. That Red Piranha looks like flytrapshops 'Akai Ryu'..... just with much shorter teeth :)

@GregNY. Thanks.

I do have that one, but the one being compared to S. 'Adrian Slack' is S. leucophylla "alba top" x flava rubricorpora.

I also got S. leucophylla "alba top" x flava ornata "heavy veined" which is also very nice and looks similar. I forgot to take a picture of that one. It is kind of small and stringy because it's competing with some larger sarracenia for light. I need to move it to a brighter spot.

Nice looking plants!

Nice Plants! i hope to find a Hamata of my own one day! 'sigh' - so hard to obtain!!!!!:cuss:

Not that hard at all to obtain, if you know where to look. I have seen some larger, nicer ones at this very moment available. Of course those are a little pricey, but well worth it if you got the extra cash. I got the one above for about 45 bucks IIR cause I'm a cheap mustard.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Slacks on the right? no wait, left? No! Right?

Ummm, one of those is correct. :)

Any firm guesses?

Oh.. you wanna find the slack? Yeah, what you do is go to the top of the stairs, there'll be a windmill. You go around that.. Go down the hall to the mine cart, sit in it.. it'll take you underneath the crust of the Earth. When you get up there'll be two doors. Don't go in the room on the right, that room explodes.. we have to fix that. Slack is in the room on the left.

Dang!! Wish my 'Red Pirahna' would grow like that. Thinking about repotting my VFT's.. They were doing so well in the HL GH, but now they're all just pouting outside. ???
Wish I had mad skills like you Damon. Everything looks so good..

Thanks! For as well as I can grow nepenthes, sarracenia, and VFT. I still can't grow cephalotus worth a darn. I think I water them too much? When I feel the urge to get another, i'll definately hit you up for tips cause you seem to be doing everything right.

awww.. shucks. The secret is I just let the plants do all the work.

Back