What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a Plantlet in My N. ventricosa Pot :D

Picture%2525208.png

Picture%25252010.png

Picture%2525209.png

Picture%25252011.png

I never knew they made new plants like this. Exciting!

They're called basals. Prepare for a lot of them.

They're called basals. Prepare for a lot of them.

Every day's a school day! Thanks. I hope I get lots. I assume I have to let them develop a bit before I'd move them to their own pots.

I'd keep it in the same pot. It's part of the original plant and doesn't have its own root system. It'll create a nice, bushy plant with lots of pitchers.

Very cool! My N. Ventricosa recently made a Basal also; it was about time, the thing is almost a foot tall.

How do you get your ventricosa to look so nice, Tim? Mine's crap, lol.
I had one basal come up... 3 months later another... then one last one recently. They're fun :awesome:

How do you get your ventricosa to look so nice, Tim? Mine's crap, lol.
I had one basal come up... 3 months later another... then one last one recently. They're fun :awesome:

I keep mine on a grow rack two shelves under some T8s. Top water, don't let it sit in water too much.... It doesn't eat much, since it lives inside, but sometimes I drop a betta pellet in a pitcher or two. It should probably be bigger for its age.

Back