What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightbox Experiment

• Thread starter Lucanidae
  • Start date
Set up a quicky light box, going to fiddle with images later, but these are unedited.

hidden_by_seriocomic-d497pov.jpg

new_girl_by_seriocomic-d497pi9.jpg

hello_by_seriocomic-d497pf8.jpg

patterns_by_seriocomic-d497pbi.jpg

oliverr_by_seriocomic-d497p7n.jpg

oliver4_by_seriocomic-d497p4v.jpg

oliver3_by_seriocomic-d497p2b.jpg

oliver_2_by_seriocomic-d497oyy.jpg

oliver_by_seriocomic-d497ouj.jpg

Will post pics once they are fiddled with.

Cool shots. The lizard looks as interested in you as you are in him.

It worked nicely! The lizard photos turned out the best, more captivating with its expressions. Snakes can be hard to photograph in lightboxes. Most of my friend's balls and boas wanted to explore rather than sit still for 2 minutes. I prefer to use black to bring out more colors, but that's just my preference.

How did you create a lightbox?

I like the lizard, photos are a little dark though. Use a brighter bulb or flash setting or bump the iso or slower shutter speed or larger aperture, your choice :)

Using a mirror or white piece of paper to bounce light is also useful for eliminating shadows.... If you can spare a hand to hold it that is. LOL.

all white outfit helps some also. to bounce light up. i remember making white cardboard reflectors to help with that as well

smaller f stop,with slower shutter speed will give you a better focus

sorry, couldnt resist! :lol:
i tried doing some post-photo processing....bounce up light? no need to ;)
postprocessed.jpg

very nice photos summer!

Back