What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What drosera will self

WHAT DROSERA WILL SELF and what dews are self sterile, or completely sterile ????

great site thanks

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

are longarms steril;e ?

¿longarms? Do you mean Drosera capillaris "long arm"? Very self-fertile - they'll spread in your collection like crazy. Especially the Tate's Hell Swamp, FL stuff I've been distributing the past 3-4 years. Some people think it is an introgressed D. intermedia hybrid but Ivan Snyder and others pretty much proved otherwise.

IME they spread vegetatively too...but yes, seed is good.

Taken the end of February, plants are coming out of semi-dormancy. You can see a pile of seedlings on the right where I gave away a clump, replace the media and re-seeded.

_IGP9498.jpg

Same deal October of 2008

01300023.jpg

The trick with the seed from these buggers is they don't like high humidity so germinate them uncovered.

Last edited:
maybe thats why the didn't germinte till i transplanted something else into the pot

Back