What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread dedicated to King Regia

• Thread starter Rob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    regia
D. Regia Big Easy is my absolute favorite of this species.

F614BEC8-7ADF-412A-AC28-9E7D5A600DF6.jpg

D. regia 'Typical'

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

Great thread Rob! Regia amazes me more and more every day! Especially how hungry they are. Mine will wrap it's leaves around anything in reach looking for a meal!

Any action shots gentlemen? :)

Wow I love that big mature regia! Excellent job on the potting Mass, I wish all my pots looked like that! Action shots would be... :drool:

As everyone knows, Regia is my favorite plant... Here are some shots of my babies.

Seedlings (bigger) and all the other pots have seeds in them. Some ave germination already. The two in front of the middle pot of seeds are big easy clones I propagated.
d840f2b6.jpg

Some babies that germinated this month:
5fcee999.jpg

My 'Big Easy'
4e0fb2a3.jpg

Action shot of my big seedlings. (I fed most of them)
1638b070.jpg

Close Up of My "Kracken" Eating... I named it that because it is the most intensely wrapping dew I've ever seen!
11e7debe.jpg

I can't wait to repot my biggest seedlings into their own big pots... Especially the "Kracken" and the one behind it.

go for it doom

alrighty, here's a couple new ones of mine taken today...

6546248821_cbd71e534e_o.jpg

Next to my giant Broadleaf capensis
6546276491_e16aa0314c_o.jpg

Ah, I love the plants! I have a few seeds that should be sowed soon. Any tips?

My D. regia had been flowering this year.

D_regia_flowering.jpg

D_regia_flower.jpg

Ah, I love the plants! I have a few seeds that should be sowed soon. Any tips?

Well established plants of D. regia are easy to keep, but I find it is nearly impossible to grow them from seeds. Although germination rate with fresh seeds is very good, all of my seedlings of D. regia tend to die within the first 12 months after germination for reasons unknown to me.

Well established plants of D. regia are easy to keep, but I find it is nearly impossible to grow them from seeds. Although germination rate with fresh seeds is very good, all of my seedlings of D. regia tend to die within the first 12 months after germination for reasons unknown to me.
John Brittnacher feels the seedlings starve to death if not fed...

I followed John's advice and put osmocote into the seedling media. I used 3 pellets per pot of 5 seedlings. So far so good. :)

Where the heck did you guys ever find a Big Easy? I always figured those things were unobtainable.

I have one and im cloning it.i have 4 actually one big one 1 growing baby and two oyher rcovering babies

Big Easy was the easy one to obtain for awhile. Typical is the one that's tough to find.

DSC_00070001_5.jpg

D. regia "Typical" on left D. regia 'Big Easy' on Right

Nice picture Kula. :lol:

I've never witnessed a difference between the two.

Regia... :drool: I guess I'll be joining you guys in a bit.:jester:

Back