What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Violets

I love this plant, I have 3 different ones at the moment. 1 from a seed pack I bought at the mall, 1 I took as a cutting from a garden and a wild one.

This one is from the cool mountains of the mediterrenean region. It grows in small groups at the base of trees and the flowers have a powerful fragrance.
It's leaves are much smaller and a lighter shade of green compared to the ones cultivated in the city.

They all grow on a balcony throughout the year facing northwest.

menek1.jpg

The top 3 pots are all violets but only the one on the right is wild. The one in the top corner grew from seeds, set seeds again and died down by the arrival of winter. The one in the middle has lush growth but produces few flowers and the fragrance, while it's there, is not very strong.

menek2.jpg

The ones in the first pic we have down here in southern Louisiana growing wild, mainly from seed pods that popped from ones in garden pots. They spread pretty good and are welcomed in gardens here. But, they can get out of hand if you let them.

Back