What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking About Another eBay Purchase

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
I was checking the nepenthes listings on eBay and came across a live one for like $5 plus $7 shipping. Link removed...

Anyone have personal experience with the seller? Is it worth my time and money? Link removed...

It will be a small plant. They sell starter plants so...

You are not allowed to post these kinds of threads on TF asking about other vendors.

It will be a small plant. They sell starter plants so...

I guess it would be better to order from the what you see is what you get neps then. Thanks! It looked like a pretty good deal if the plant was sizable. Still, if anyone has personal experience, please share! :)

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

You are not allowed to post these kinds of threads on TF asking about other vendors.

Thanks, I removed the links, so hopefully there won't be any issues. My bad... :blush:

I have purchased Sarracenia from this place, and I can not highly recommend them. They ship very small plants. The one I bought from them did not make the first winter. I feel they push their plants until they are of saleable size without consideration of if they will thrive in the future. My suggestion, purchase from a more reputable dealer. Their high feedback rating does not reflect happiness of the purchaser down the road. Notice they do have quite a few negative comments. Click on the negatives and you'll see many complain about the plant size. They call them starter size, which in reality is probably the worst size to start with. Just my two cents. Despite this, I have considered purchasing from them again simply because of the low price to pick up some plants that aren't in my collection yet. Just know what your buying first.

I have purchased Sarracenia from this place, and I can not highly recommend them. They ship very small plants. The one I bought from them did not make the first winter. I feel they push their plants until they are of saleable size without consideration of if they will thrive in the future. My suggestion, purchase from a more reputable dealer. Their high feedback rating does not reflect happiness of the purchaser down the road. Notice they do have quite a few negative comments. Click on the negatives and you'll see many complain about the plant size. They call them starter size, which in reality is probably the worst size to start with. Just my two cents. Despite this, I have considered purchasing from them again simply because of the low price to pick up some plants that aren't in my collection yet. Just know what your buying first.

Thanks. I'll try bidding on the WYSIWYG ones from a private vendor. I found two that I like. :)

Of course I don't know what vendor you're looking at but I have ordered a handful of Nepenthes off of ebay and have not been overly let down yet.

Back