What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa "Super Red"??

There is a listing on eB*y right now for a selection of N. ventricosa the seller calls "Super Red", which I cannot find any references to on the Web. The seller doesn't give any meaningful info on the clone, its provenance, nor is there a photo of the pitchers. (apparently it doesn't have any at this time) Do any of you know anything about this clone, or is this just a case of manufactured hype to inflate the price? (Its not cheap!) If this has legitimate merit as an exceptional clone, I'd like to know more. Thanks.

See: "Super Red"

Paul

I saw this plant and was wondering the same thing. If you look under the leaves, there'a a pitcher tucked in there. Doesn't look very "Super Red" to me. I also find it strange that a pic of the pitcher isn't the highlight of the listing.

I've never heard of it. One might think it is a claim to inflate the price but he is also throwing in a double growth point Cephalotus too... those are not cheap at all.

I found it to be a very bizarre listing indeed.

Lol I found it funny the photo was just a bunch of overgrown leaves. I'm willing to bet my ventricosa is redder than this "Super Red"... (ok just an excuse to post some photos)

Probably auto corrected from "super rare".

Back