What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware..another homeowner raided

• Thread starter nightsky
  • Start date
that is pretty scary....

I bought my light from htgsupply.com, a known hydro shop. But in my state that's not even good enough for PC.

I better be careful what I order online... Thats only a couple hours from me.

Here its trying to buy some dang Sudafed or Claritin, you have to show id, get checked in data base, sign paperwork etc.... and then the looks you get from the pharmacy, sheesh.
(and its the only OTC stuff that really works if you have bad sinus issues...)

Let them find some of that on ya and just so happen to have Lye for a stopped up drain and you risk going to prison for 5 years for having meth "precursors"

I know its an epidemic but having to worry about 5 years in prison for having more than one item on a list of what used to be common household/garage items.

I had some hippie friends who made their living selling home made soap at fairs.... they had to stop when they got questioned about buying so much lye.

rant off :p

:)

Oh crud... I buy my grow lights and bulbs from hydroponic suppliers. I use mine for CPs, herbs, and citrus trees, and the last thing I want is some drug enforcement gorilla destroying both my plants and my reputation. Wonderful. BTW Av8tor1, I feel your pain with the sinus issues. At least in the UK, they don't make me feel like a criminal for buying Sudafed.

Just to avoid any confusion with law inforcement, it almost makes me want to contact the cops and say, "Before you track me down based on my purchases and electricity use and raid my house: Yes, I am growing lots of plants under lights in my house, and they are ALL legal. Feel free to come by unannounced and check out my cool plants at any time. Just politely ring the doorbell ;) "
That should erase any suspicions, right? lol

Edit: Oh, and no dogs ;)

Wonderful. I was planning on trying some hydroponic flytraps this summer, particularly my new "Cupped Trap" plant. The last time I checked, Venus flytraps are in no way, shape, or form related to marijuana, other than being in the plant kingdom and the eukaryote domain.

Well I'm not sure why this would make them a suspect. Most people who grow cannabis don't even use hydroponics. If anything they grow outside... I'm getting ahead of myself..

Well I'm not sure why this would make them a suspect. Most people who grow cannabis don't even use hydroponics. If anything they grow outside... I'm getting ahead of myself..

idk bout that

I'm not going any further than that. Take it as you please

Let's just say this and stop worrying that we'll say too much: Those innocent people did not in any way deserve to have their house raided just because they wanted an indoor vegetable garden.

lol I've thought about this happening to me several times, but I'm not in the city parts (or use hydroponics) so I doubt it'll ever happen :p. It would have been a lot better if they just asked to come in and check if there's illegal plants or not.

Back