What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genlisea Recommendations

Greetings fellow growers!
I am getting ready to do an overseas order and would like to get some Genlisea. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for first time plants and perhaps an intermediate or two just for a challenge. G. aurea will definitely be in the order.

P.S. I did search around for a pre-existing recommendations thread but did not see one. I apologize if I missed on and this question has already been addressed elsewhere.

actually, for this order I am after both Genlisea and Utricularias so if anyone has any suggestions for either I would be interested in hearing them :D (Utricularias in general- not necessarily beginners species just species you find interesting. I am trying to get into the section Orchidioides in particular)

On the utrics, I'd suggest getting something that is not available on this side of pond - to facilitate trades. For example, if you're going to get U. quelchii - get the Auyan Tepui location, for U. jamesoniana - the Canon del Diablo, Auyan Tepui, VZ location, etc).

On the utrics, I'd suggest getting something that is not available on this side of pond - to facilitate trades. For example, if you're going to get U. quelchii - get the Auyan Tepui location, for U. jamesoniana - the Canon del Diablo, Auyan Tepui, VZ location, etc).

Oh yeah! Good idea! U. quelchii is one of the items on my list, I will put an eye toward the location specific forms. Thanks!

I will put an eye toward the location specific forms. Thanks!
Although that's probably a good idea too, I specifically meant those locations. The other locations are established here in USA & are available.

Back