What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Savage Garden, revised!

What was a great original volume on CPs, The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato, is now an even better resource with last week's release of a revised edition. I got the eBook version of it yesterday and I've been eating it up. Don't think twice about getting a copy, its a wonderful revision.

(I hope posting a mention of this doesn't offend admin, but feel free to remove this post if it violates any TF rules)

I've been waiting for this book. Thanks for the reminder! Good to hear its worth purchasing again.

sold just got it on the kindle

Hm... Was expecting to have to pay $30 for a book form of it... $14 for a version I can take around in my pocket doesn't seem too bad! What kind of information is in it? Any information about Sphagnum or any tips in it that would help out someone who's already pretty good at keeping Nepenthes alive? I may splurge and buy this... :)

Why would the mention of a newly released revision of a book that's constantly recommended to newbies here offend me? I have nothing against books, I require my kids to read them all the time. haha!

I too am curious if it covers any new topics or just elaborates/corrects information that was already there?

Andrew

It goes into some corrections and elaborations from the old version, such as with soil mixes. Most of the new content is new species and improvements in technology.

does he accept trade-ins of the crappy old one for the less crappy new one? :lol:

It goes into some corrections and elaborations from the old version, such as with soil mixes. Most of the new content is new species and improvements in technology.

No more irrational sphagnum hate? :lol:

I have a photo in it!

Reading now, Photo 2.29 by Graham Hunt nice!!!

I am waiting to get mine from the author. :D I never had my first one signed, so I am fixing that, and getting a not-beat-up copy signed as well. I actually like the front cover. Funny story behind it, of which I play a small role.

Hmmm, I wonder if I have any.... Nahhhh, doubt it, unless it's the big bog.

The one last thing I need for my collection is HERE!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love being exuberant, if you couldn't tell.

I'd love a signed one, BUT, I don't think it's worth the cost. amazon has it for like six bucks less with free shipping. When I went to check out for the signed one my cheapest shipping choice was $12.95

Back