What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bonus sprouts in pot!

tuballkain

Prince Ruffus Magnium
I have some extras growing in my Purple Pitcher pot. This is same pot from where I purchased, so I got a little extra i guess:-D.
I know that there is a little Sun dew coming up.
I wanted to know are those other green leaves possibly something or just some other type of crap from the moss?

attachment.php

Thnx

The other green leaves just look like weeds.

The sundew is D. capensis, can't tell what form from the pic though.

The sundew is D. capensis 'typical' or maybe 'alba.' The other plant is a weed

Last edited:
Yeah, looks exactly like my drosera capensis red seedlings, only different color (they are starting to get their color in, but not all of them, wondering if my seeds are mixed).

Yeah, looks exactly like my drosera capensis red seedlings, only different color (they are starting to get their color in, but not all of them, wondering if my seeds are mixed).

Most red forms of plants need high light to keep their color, so if you are not providing your plants with enough light that could explain why they are not all red.

That, and the genetics of the seedlings. Even if a completely red plant is self-pollinated, there will usually be a few that will have weaker color.

Last edited:
Back