What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. red leopard cutting

Here is a red leopard I have with some growth from last year that I am about to trim off. It is turning a bit yellowish and the terminal bud is gone. A three or four inch portion looks to me to be potentially rootable.

I could be wrong about that, but if you want to give it a try, I will send it to you. I want it to go out Monday or Tuesday so if you are interested, do the #'s thing and I will do the random number thing tomorrow. As it is in less than stellar condition, I will get the postage. If anyone feels it is a doomed effort, post to that effect and I will call it quits.

I've found that canes in that state have a very low chance of rooting. I've attempted a couple like that and they have always withered and died quite soon after removal.

I agree with Paul B. It looks a bit too far gone.

Coming your way via USPS, Nikki. In a stroke of genius I cut the vine without looking first and below a growth point. So there is at least one bud on there that is trying to grow.:)

Back