What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone familiar with these?

Sarracenia Blood Orange
Sarracenia Fat Chance
Sarracenia alata Buttermilk Flats
Sarracenia Panama Red
My favorite nursery had a black friday sale, so I ordered these sight unseen. Just wondering if anyone here was already growing them and had pictures. I'll see them in person in a few weeks, but the anticipation is killing me, lol.

I sell S. "fat chance" and it is essentially S. purpurea venosa burkii I'm not sure on the others. I don't have a picture though...

Last edited:
Other than possibly "Fat Chance," none of those are official names, certainly not cultivars in any way. I'm guessing the alata "Buttermilk Flats" may be a locality, but again there's no data. I'm guessing the nursery really just slapped on some names to sell a group of plants they have, which now only adds to the ridiculous amount of confusion out there already.....

I don't even think "Fat Chance" is, hence the " " While ' ' is for registered cultivars I believe. ... I'm not good with all this proper writing stuff. :p I have mine labeled as "Fat Chance" since that's what they were sold to me as, but also let people know what it is so they're not thinking it's some new plant.

Yeah I have fat chance. . Just a purp..

You're right Andrew - "Working Names" and 'Registered Cultivars'

I sell S. "fat chance" and it is essentially S. purpurea venosa burkii I'm not sure on the others. I don't have a picture though...

I have a S. "Fat Chance" it was sold to me as S. rosea (syn. purp venosa var burkii) 'Fat Chance', but I guess "Fat Chance" would be correct then, huh?

BY the way cody, it's a great little purp, very fast growing, good color, offsets easily.

Back