What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxillaria trade for Heliamphora

Hi all,

I have a division of Max. schunkeana (the nearly black orchid species) that I can offer for trade for a Heli division. This species is quite adaptable and has done well for me in intermediate to warm conditions (should probably do ok growing cool as well). It's a mini-small grower that grows fairly quickly for an orchid. Any other questions regarding culture, feel free to PM me.

I'm not looking for any Heli in particular. I want to try one growing in a poison dart frog tank (high humidity, temps max into the high 70s, min ~60, air circulation by a fan, 3x a day misting, high powered LED lights), so I'd prefer this to be a fairly common, easy grower. I'd like a pure species, but if you think a hybrid may be more adaptable to these conditions, I'm happy to change my mind.

PM me with any questions, etc.

Thanks!

I don't have any for trade, but I would recommend trying heterodoxa x minor… it is very easy and common.

Last edited:
Back